Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where Does the Time Go?


I am still busy... Actually I will be busier for a bit, until October. I have a full plate, side dish, soup bowl and thankfully, wine glass at the end of it all... Here is a brief rundown of August till now: (brief!)
~the big exhibit at my place of employment is hell. Oct 7th can't come fast enough and then I think we will ALL have a big party of some kind and sleep through October. Well, we would if we could.
~I did a bike ride! yay!
~I got a job working for my dad's company doing graphic design, it's neat-o. I am enjoying it. Mostly. The working on my own time, after working, well, it's artistic and challenging and better than watching Buffy ALL evening.
~My nearest and dearest celebrated my 30th with me here in Portland and much fun was had by all!
~We saw Spamalot!
~I got a fancy new camera which at some point I will have time to play with and you will see pictures. I did take pics of the lunar eclipse. I mean to put them in sequence but haven't had time.
~I got a lot of new software I need to find the time to learn (relates to graphic design job mentioned above)
~I interviewed for and did not get a full time position, again, at my job, but this may actually lead to better things this time, it was stressful though =P
~I did get a job, today, as a tutor for Portland Public Schools Night High School program, for credit recovery. two evenings a week till December. This will give me tutoring and some classroom experience and experience working with teens, disadvantages and motivationaly challenged teens. Should be fun, and I mean that. I was motivationaly challenged. See? =)
~So the garden is a bit neglected, although still making food, tomatoes potatoes squash beets, yum.
~Knitting! Has been my sanity activity, along with Avonlea and Buffy, and I finished a sweater for my neice. and some washcloths. woo! pictures someday. I swear.
poor thing does need water which i am going to do soon!
Hum.. looking forward to October. mostly.

No comments: