Saturday, April 5, 2008

Forgotton craft projects!

Hah I did this stuff last month, or even in February, really...

This dress:

Became this dress(sorry the pic isn;t great, it's very hard to take a pic of yourself in a dress, ugh.)


It was way too big to being with and then I lost a lot of weight. SO I refashioned it. However, I want to take it apart and resew it better. I think the seems are a little sloppy, and I think I really understand why interfacing is a very useful thing to use now! But it's cute. Refashioning old clothing that no longer fits/work for me into new clothing is a kind of reuse project I need to get better at. Well, I just need to get better at sewing!

I also made this belt out of a bike inner tube that I got a hole in. I think interfacing would have been useful here too. It's reversible and the red and white fabric was a skirt i found at goodwill for the fabric, so aside from the buckle it's entirely recycled.


I have a few other small crafty things I have been doing but they are a secret project. I may post about them later when they are no longer seeecret.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Oh man, I am loving your altered handiwork! And there must be a market for those belts in Portland, eh?