Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fuscha Food



I have too many beets (still) so I made borscht the other day using a recipe from the Edible Portland free quarterly Publication. It's a Ukrainian borscht. I have never had it before. It's a frightening shade of reddish purple for a soup ( the pic makes it look really red), and it has a name that is fun to pronounce. It's also very tasty. It tastes like beety veggie soup. I think I might try to make it with beef stock and oxtails next time.

Also, I plan to make much less of it. The recipe left me with a gallon of soup. And I am the only one who is home to eat it (and can, beets are too sugary for B.)
Anyone want a jar of borscht?

I am also making normal peanut butter cookies and I cannot wait to eat one. They are in the oven and smell delightful.

No comments: