Sunday, February 15, 2009

More shades of red



Today I tired a new recipe for vegan gluten free chocolate cake. It's really more like chocolate pie. I don't have a high powered blender. But diary and wheat free none the less. Not vegan since I used an egg instead of egg replacer. With raspberry-strawberry sauce it was pretty good!

I have had fun at the thrift shops recently. I got a dress last week for valentines day that was originally 400$. Small line designer Dagg and Stacy, with he tags still on it. It's a large and for some reason it fit and was half off the 40$ price tag. So I got it for 22 bucks. A deal! And it is cute! It looks much better on a person that it does on a hanger I have to admit. It's very vintagy inspired and cute.
























We went to Wildwood for dinner, where we went last year and then to the last few acts of the Oregon Sesquicentennial celebration at Crystal Ballroom to listen to some Americana. I am quite taken with Jackstraw. We rounded out the night watching the latest episode of Battlestar Galactica. Good valentines.

Today we were out thrifting for a show we are going to on Friday night that has a red theme. The band, Chervona is Romany/Russian inspired and so a red communist theme is encouraged. I will be in red and black thanks to this awesome oxblood colored leather jacket from Goodwill. I must be having half off tag sale luck because I got this 50$ find for 25$. It's awesome with princess seams, just the kind of leather jacket I want.

Tomorrow I plan in trying out my new to me sewing machine my Grandma has ever so wonderfully bestowed on me. I have several pant waistbands to take in and hopefully I can figure out how to tuck them and still have them look ok. And also I may try to sew a wool felt skirt out of a wool felt jacket I never wear but love the Grey felt. A wool skirt would be just the thing I think! I might even have a pattern. I need to be finding someplace local to buy thread though so I might be walking down to Josephine's Dry goods tomorrow too. I am running out of thread. Their fabric is amazing but out of my price range, but hopefully I can afford their thread!

No comments: