Monday, May 28, 2007

And Some Crafty Stuff...and chatter


Gardeny crafty: made labels for the veggies out of a "Simply Limeade" bottle, then duct taped them to bamboo sticks. Not sure the tape will hold up but didn't really have another option right now.

Knitting: the HP shawl is on the back burner, i think I will start on it again soon. I have been knitting dishcloths 'cause they are easy and mindless.

Painting: I am actually painting something. Granted it's on a canvas about 2"x2",but painting nonetheless. If I finish it, I will post a pic.

Baking: I made banana bread waffles. Which is to say, I made banana bread batter, and then cooked it in a waffle iron ( not a Belgian one.) They are tasty and good, and easy to toast. I would recommend this, it's yummy and different, not a muffin and not a loaf. However, since one waffle is about a 1/2 cup of batter, I don;t recommend them AS waffles, for, you know, breakfast. That would be like eating a stack of large muffins! ugh. Needs no butter or syrup though i think it would be really good with ice cream...


I saw Pirates of the Caribbean on Friday. If you can do it, I recommend going to their late show opening weekend. Then you get to see the movie early, but no one likes the late show so it's not crowded. I saw Shrek this way too, highly enjoyable, if you don;t mind being up late anyway, Pirates is 3 hours or close to it, I got out at 2:30 am! eek.
Anyway, I liked it, it was fun.
I also saw night in the museum last night as a rental on the advice of several people. I don;t care for Ben Stiller much anymore, same old schlock. But people would say , oh but this is different, or you work in a museum, it's funny! (from other museum people.) Well, it was ok. It's a very fancy museum to only have two staff people and one security guard...=P and Capuchin monkeys are NOT FROM AFRICA, they are from SOUTH AMERICA!! How do they DO this stuff?! And get away with it? IT"S ABOUT A MUSEUM! Good gravy, if we had an exhibit about the Serengeti, and put capuchin monkeys in it, we would lose some creditability or something. It's almost as bad as calling apes monkeys.. ARARARAR... The monkey was obviously a key player but a chimp would work as well...that's why PIRATES had parrots and monkeys, they are from the new world and all trendy and stuff.. arrrrg. OHhhhhhh god did that bother me. =P It shouldn't, its a Hollywood silly comedy movie. but it DOES.
But it was ok.

No comments: