Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Cocoabunny

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Good ole' Eostre (prolly sounds like ohst-ray), Angelo-Saxon goddess of fertility, gave rise to the month April, Easter bunnies (she was symbolised by a hare) and egg hunts. Easter is and should be a separate holiday from the Resurrection of Christ, but the early Christians didn't want Eostre to stick around anyways. They weren't fond of pagan deities you see. Dirty heathens! I have nothing against the son of a god and his rebirthday, mind you. But I do have equal respect for the gods of all people and seeing as how there are few female deities that get any press these days I think I will celebrate Eostre with chocolate and marshmallows and all the burgeoning sings of spring and fertility that surround me. Go forth and multiply like rabbit marshmallows, that's what spring is all about. Even Christ knew spring was about rebirth. I am sure he would have loved Eostre if they ever met.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You are having way too much fun! This looks great!