Tuesday, March 27, 2007

knitting now!

Lately I have been making washcloths and dishrags. Dishrag pattern is from the Mason Dixon Knitting Book which has a lot of wonderful stuff in it and I love it. The washcloths are generally just random swatches of stitch patterns in a nice soft cotton yarn.


Now the new exciting project is a tank top. It's exciting 'cause I have not ventured out of the squareish shaped knitting projects often. I have been knitting for about 2 years, but the sweater seems so daunting. I have completed things like cool hats and fingerless gloves and even a BABY sweater, but a full size adult shirt of any sort? Nay. Same for socks, and lace patterns. So this project is a new foray! Lacework! Shaping! more than 3 balls of yarn! (ok the baby blanket and shawl were more than 3 balls of yarn too, but they are rectangles and therefore do not count!)
SO here it is as of now:

And a recently completed project, which was also a triumph, was the pattern I had been eyeing ever since I was a knitting neophyte, from the book Scarf Style. The pattern is Lady Elenore's Entrelac Stole and it's lovely. My mom bought be lots of yummy yarn, Trendsetter's Tonalita in several different colorways, when I went home last to visit. Entrelac is not hard, but all I had to explain how it worked was the written pattern. Of course after I finished the stole, Interweave Knits magazine had a lovely illustrated tutorial in the new spring issue...*sigh*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration. And officially my knitting guru. Or something.