Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Abject Falure!

Well, not really. I just entered a good portion of my library into library thing. And my total is only at 277 or so. I still have many more books to enter, but it looks like I will have under 500, maybe around 400. I am oddly upset that the number is so low. I did get rid of about 100 books a year or so ago. Books I would never read, or never cared to read again. I now think I should have kept them, just to have MORE books. Sad, yes? But perhaps not as sad as the fellow with 11,ooo+ books,and time to catalogue them all, but his profile seems pretty cool. So maybe we aren't sad, us bibliophiles. I figure I buy 50+ books a year, so, that's comforting...
Books are worse than one's yarn stash...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. I am a little embarrassed about my small, barely 300+, number. I wish I had kept them all over the years. Why are they so magical, them books?

Anonymous said...

This is what all of y'all get for taking a tally. As I never finished cataloging my collection, I can continue gleefully disregarding the surfeit of evidence. "How many books do I have," you ask? "Well, my good sir or madam, I never had time to count them all. Probably like three thousand. Mmmm... maybe four."