Monday, April 30, 2007

The Veiw from Here




Craftyness for today:
I have been a big fan of old window panes as art or decor for a long time. I have several of these things lying around waiting to be turned into objects of beauty and wonder. The main one, a 6 pane thing, I started painting on ages ago and have yet to get back to. It will have birches in the wind, 'cause I love birch trees and their delicate little leaves. But that's someday.
Today I pulled a glassless one out and used this paper I got at Art/Media (one of the places here to find lovely papers and stuff.) that I LOVE and tried to put it in the frame. It was unfriendly, but I got it in. I think I would much rather glue stuff onto glass next time. And I am not super happy with the little flower doodads that I painted. But 1) my paintbrushes are in very sad need of replacement and 2) I was to lazy to really put the effort into making them look better. They will do. But this project is definitely more craft than Art. The other piece will be a work of Art. Like many of my works of Art, it's definitely in the right place, unfinished, and in the closet.

No comments: