Saturday, July 21, 2007

I am a HP Fangirl

Powell's has outed me, can you find E-beth and me? hint- Second pic of the "throngs" of people waiting in line. (We, all of uis, Adam and David, E-Beth and I, are in another pic too, in the store, but we are hard to make out.)
This blog post details what Powell's does to make this such a fun and magical night for everyone in Portland. They do this stuff at all thier stores, even the airport Powells' had some fun going on.
Thanks for the memories Powell's! It was magical. =)


and now, I can't belive I am reading the.last.book. I am not sure I really want to...then it will be over.

***update***
Powell's blog also has this post from the other day, vbeutifuly written from an employee. it really moved me how well she captured the event and what it means for reading, books and literacy, and also that of a layperson seeing somthing magical in an experience they are outside of. Pretty cool a little book can cause so much frevor. It outsold the movie's opening weekend!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Found you! What an amazing night that must have been!