Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My First Ride

No, not my first car.
I am going to do the Bridge Pedal this year. I am gonna do the 8 bridge route, which is 24 miles. It will prolly kick my butt a little bit since part of the route is over the Marquam Bridge, which is high over the river. The rest, should be alright. It;s not a race, it will prolly take me about 4 hours, but it sounds like fun.
Every year, at OMSI, when I would drive into work on the day of the bridge pedal, there would be this silent mob of bicyclists crossing bridges, and it just seems so, lovely, idyllic, I donno, communal. So this year on August 12th I will be doing it instead of watching it and wishing I was riding instead of working. =)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh! So this is what you are going to do! Great! Looks like fun.