Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random things.

I really wanted to blog about Matt's crafty cuff links, but I can't find them, so he is maybe wearing them today or they are someplace that I can't find. See, Matt is crafty too, sometimes. One day I was with J9, we were going to Savuie Island and Matt calls asking where my cuff links are. (Why do I have cuff links you ask? Good question, I had to wear a button down shirt to a formal event I was working, at work, and the only shirt I could find at Goodwill required cuff links, and so I got some, and then lost them promptly upon returning home. So somewhere, there are cuff links.) Anyways, I could not remember where the cuff links had gone and Matt needed some and he got the brilliant Idea of making some out of nuts and bolts. SERIOUSLY. It really looks cool. Smart. Anyway, if I find them I will take a pic.

I have acquired two new pairs of sneakers. I require new shoes maybe twice a year. And it's summer and all my sandals are a few years old and worn and I don't feel like buying new sandals since I only really wear Danskos. I tried crocs, and they are ok, but not for work, I require ARCH support for I may have big feet which are wide, but I also have high arches and if I don't support them they 1) hurt and therefore so do my feet entirely and 2) my feet will turn inward making me look a bit knock-kneed. Anyways, I <3 Danskos but they are rather pricey and I have a new pair from last fall? I think, winter maybe, that are clogs and good for all around everything. My last beloved pair of clogs died a tragic death after 6 good years of service. The sandals, unfortunately are blowing out at about 2-3 years and so I love them but am looking for new sandal options. 120$ for six years? good deal, for 2? not so good.
So I have SNEAKERS, cause you can wear them with out socks and they are comfy. These are no Chuck Taylor's, oh no, these ones are nice to your feet without sacrificing style. Chucks are cool for sure, but they are not nice to feet.
One pair is supremely shoe-wonderful so far. They are by Clarks and are called Privo and they have a bubble in the heal that is for cushioning and massages your foot as you walk a bit. They are also Kristi's favorite shades of Brown and pink. It is very fun to stand at work and rock back and forth on my heals making the bubble squish. This is true! And fun at work right now, is needed.
The other pair are comfy and have good insoles and the loveliest fabric on the tongue and heel and they are green, another of Kristi's favorite colors. All I need now is a pair of shoes in peacock blue and I am in a serious color rut.
Anyways new shoes for working and walking and riding bikes.

Speaking of bikes. I have been veryvery good. The whole month so far I have not driven to work, not a once,and I have outfitted my bike for cargo. And commuting. I am a very cautious biker, I have a rear view mirror and a bell now to make my journey safer. I do not trust cars, as a driver I have watched too many mean cars and crazy bikers, so I am careful. I also have a basket, which I am in the process of embroidering, or something. the basket makes me feel young and girly and not like a bicycling commuter, it feels more like I am out for a jaunt on my bike with my basket and bell, all I need are streamers... and a basket for the back so I can carry stuff like groceries. I love my bike, I have had it for about 7-8 years now longer than any car I think I have ever owned. Longer than I have lived in any one place, longer than nay of my relationships, My bike and I, we are likethis. I should ride it more. and so now I am trying to. It's cheaper and better for me but entropy is a hard force to resist!
anyways pics for you.


1 comment:

Sue said...

How happy it makes me to see notes from you in the morning! Cute shoes!
Love Mom